Thursday, March 16, 2006

States I Hate

Who the hell is Montana and when did they learn to play basketball out there? That’s what on my mind right now. I’m also extremely curious (which rhymes with furious) as to why #2 Tennessee is having so much trouble with Winthrop. Winthrop! A 15-seed! I can’t remember the last time I saw an upset that big, and it might just do a number on my bracket on day 1!

BC gave myself, and probably everyone else in the nation, one helluva scare earlier. Two OTs to beat Pacific? Yikes. Some experts picked them in the Final Four; you KNOW those guys are sweating right now. But the way things are going, they’re gonna take on Montana next, friggin’ Montana, so they might be able to at least get to the Sweet 16.

The only game I’ve officially lost so far was Oklahoma-UW Milwaukee, an 11-6 seed matchup. Now, I know that every year there’s at least ONE good 11-6 upset, so I made sure to pick one. Well, actually, I picked 3 this year. And the one I didn’t pick? Yeah, Oklahoma-UW Milwaukee.

God I hate March Madness.

No, scratch that. I just hate Montana and Oklahoma. And Tennessee is dangerously close to making the list, too.

Moving off the court, a bomb scare hit San Diego’s Cox Arena before the Alabama-Marquette game earlier. Seems a bomb-sniffing dog got a whiff of something interesting, and they cleared out the arena while they took a closer look. Thing is, though, the dog sniffed something inside of a HOT DOG CART. He didn’t find himself a bomb, he found himself LUNCH. Good dog!

1 comment:

Land Agent said...

I 'spect you "flatlanders" jus don
git wus truly great 'bout
Montana...do you....????